I have a few random confessions I’d like to get off of my chest. Sure, you might call this filler or maybe even a fluff piece to limp through the rest of the Creativity Challenge and you may be right, but that’s not going to stop me. Here they are in all their disjointed glory:
- I took a few days off of the June Creativity Challenge – that’s right, there were a couple of days where I was quite belligerently uncreative. Sure, I could have baked or sewn or taken a photo, but I thumbed my nose at those activities, and then I browsed the internet, pet Sam and went to bed completely satisfied with my lack of activity.
- I really have no clue when your birthday is unless it falls on a holiday, the 13th or the 18th. I’m sorry. However, if you get a Facebook account and add that information, I will get it right every time. I’ll even send you a friendly “Happy Birthday, (insert name)!!!” You’re always guaranteed a minimum of three exclamation points, because I’m that excited. I do like your birthday, I just can’t keep track of it.
- I have a stack of birthday cards I picked out especially for you that I keep forgetting to send, but every time I look at them I do think of you. The one for Jerry is about 10 years old. Any year now, I’ll send it out. Of course, it seemed funnier 10 years ago.
- I’m a little OCD when it comes to paper bags (lunch sized). If you have any that are crumpled up, please send them my way. I would very much like to carefully flatten them and refold them for you. (FYI – think of it as a super cheap Christmas present.)
- I have a phobia about dried up hair. Blame Burger King and the now infamous hairball burger. Mmm. Hair.
- I sometimes pretend I don’t understand, because listening to you carefully explain things repeatedly amuses me.
- I’m obsessed with my blog stats and miss Google Analytics where I could see the various places the web traffic was coming from – like Austin, Austin, Dallas, Austin, Houston and the occasional Montreal, Sioux Falls or Nacogdoches. It helps me feel more connected to the 10 of you!
- I have your feed hidden on Facebook. I know, I’m a terrible friend, but I have people who alert me when there’s something I should see, so that makes it all better, right?
- I sometimes “Block” you on Google Chat. It’s not that I don’t want to chat, it’s that I don’t want to chat with you.
- I’m a terrible liar. Lying gives me the giggles; it truly does. My con-artist/fence grandfather is rolling over in his grave in complete shame. I guess a future in sales is out.
- That time Facebook dropped us as friends, that was weird, huh? Well, that was actually me.
- I sometimes pretend not to understand how technology works so I can get away with being a jerk. Although, I’m somewhat offended that you fell for it. I’m eyeballing you.
There, I know I feel better.